It's a simple procedure that takes only seconds, and in many instances may be third party reimbursable. You can even use the instrument to visualise the patient’s ear canal before and during the screening.
Because AudioScope 3 has three screening levels in one unit (20, 25 and 40dB HL), you can screen all of your patients with a single instrument. And the tones are presented at random intervals so your patients can't second guess their hearing screen. This varied timing means improved results. Welch Allyn has also built in a 1000Hz pretone, presented at 20dB HL above the screening level, so your patients have the opportunity to "practice" listening before they’re actually screened.
The Welch Allyn AudioScope 3 represents the latest in audiometric screening technology, combined with the reliability for which Welch Allyn has become known.
It's a simple procedure that takes only seconds.
- Seat the patient in a quiet room.
- Attach appropriate AudioSpec® to AudioScope 3.
- Instruct patient on method of response.
- Retract pinna.
- Select desired screening level.
- Insert AudioScope 3 into ear canal.
- Visualise tympanic membrane.
- Depress "start" button.
- Observe tone indicators and patient’s responses.
- Screen opposite ear.
- Failure at any frequency necessitates rescreen.
- Second failure may indicate need for referral.
Welch Allyn AudioScope® 3 Audiometer
- Halogen light and fiber optics enable brilliant view of tympanic membrane and ear canal before and during screening
- Takes approximately 30-60 seconds to do a full screening on both ears
- Choice of three screening levels:
- 20dB HL at 500Hz is excellent for school screening
- 25dB HL at 1000 or 2000Hz works for most types of patients
- 40dB HL at 4000Hz is perfect for age-related hearing loss
- Built-in 1000Hz pretone lets patients “practice” listening first
- Testing administered to improve patient compliance