The Gowing Dynamic Arm Support supports the execution of numerous daily activities like eating, drinking, tooth brushing, typing or scratching one's nose. Independence in lifting objects and personal care is possible again.
It is desirable for people to use their remaining capacities as much as possible. This is both beneficial from a health perspective and for one's self esteem, furthermore, it is also cost effective. Gowing operates on the basis of compensation of the weight of the arm. This is called 'balancing the arm.'
The large horizontal movements hardly require effort anymore. The construction enables easy and quick reach of the mouth and face, returning the natural freedom of movement to the user. It does not make the wheelchair wider.
Features of the Gowing Dynamic Arm Support:
- Hybrid technology with vertical movements supported by hybrid system
- Both stored power and external energy can be used
- User friendly
- Arm fitting offers many adjustment possibilities and follows the arm naturally in any direction
- Task specific support for activities which may require different weight compensation
- Position can be locked in every direction to prevent arm from moving
- Inclination angle corrector
- Stop function which unlocks all axes