The Otowave 202-H option features a comprehensive range of test functions including user defined 226Hz and 1000Hz probe tone impedance measurements and a user programmable range of both ipsi and contra lateral reflex test measurements at 500Hz, 1kHz, 2kHz and 4kHz.
When using the Otowave 202 in 226Hz probe tone mode, the compliance peak, compliance peak pressure, gradient and ear canal volume can be measured within seconds.
When using the Otowave 202-H option in 1000Hz probe tone mode, users can easily select a preferred display by simply pressing the probe function key to switch between:
- Scalar mode: a traditional admittance tympanogram, as above (Y only compensation)
- Vector mode: a tympanogram displaying B-G compensation
Acoustic reflex measurements
User-defined ipsi and contra lateral reflex test measurements can be easily added to the test sequence to ensure a comprehensive test routine that is completed in the minimum amount of time.
This user programmable acoustic reflex function includes reflex frequency selection, levels and sensitivity. The large display area facilitates a graphical display of the reflex response and a pass/no response indication.
Based upon user requirements, results can be:
- Saved within internal memory with a patient identifier
- Printed via an infra-red connection to the optional portable printer
- Transferred via USB to a PC for viewing and printing using the Amplivox Tympview application
- Transferred via USB to the NOAH database using the Amplivox NOAH Impedance module
Usage and portability
Lightweight and compact, the Otowave 202 is designed to be used as a totally portable ‘go anywhere’ tympanometer and can be used with either alkaline or rechargeable batteries. Additionally the Otowave 202 can be mains powered if preferred. The Otowave 202 can also easily be used in a static clinical setting, where its small size is of great benefit when clinic space is at a premium.
Summary of key features
- Fast, accurate impedance measurements
- Choice of 226Hz or 1000Hz tympanometry probe tone (202-H)
- Programmable ipsilateral reflex tests
- Programmable contralateral reflex tests
- Separate admittance, susceptance and conductance measurements (202-H)
- Totally portable
- Intuitive use
- Large graphics display
- User defined results recording options