Home and Palliative Care - Uses for HiCare™ Bath
Bathing times and sponge bath costs are significantly reduced with HiCare™ Bath.
Areas of potential use for HiCare™ Bath:
- Frail, bed bound clients of carers.
- Those presenting as manual handling risks (when transporting to the shower) – including having skin tears etc.
- Those suffering dementia/other cognitive impairment who physically and/or emotionally resist being showered.
- Clients suffering hyperalgesia
- Clients with other physical impairment who would be distressed going to the shower.
- Those in need of palliative care.
Potential outcomes from the use of HiCare™ Bath (versus the sponge bath):
- Improvements in client skin integrity (this may include reductions in skin tears, excoriation etc)
- Wider acceptance to bathing from those suffering cognitive impairment or forms of physical disability, in particular where there is a predisposition to physical and/or emotional trauma to being showered or put in a lifter.
- It also implies a considerable reduction in carer bathing time – these time savings (48-66% per bath) may permit the carer a new window of opportunity for other equally important high priority client care. (a greater level of care outcome can be achieved in the same time!)
- Improvements in client bathing comfort and manual handling risks.