The CS40 is Intermec's smallest rugged mobile computer. It combines ruggedness, advanced 3.75G voice and data communications, as well as integrated high-performance 1D/2D scanning capability in smart phone size and style. It is designed to connect your mobile workforce to the enterprise for real-time access to business information and data exchange.
Running critical enterprise business applications, the Intermec CS40 allows companies to improve their business processes, expand customer offerings, increase revenue and reduce the cost and complexity of a field mobility solution all at the point where it's needed most – on the front lines.
Drop the CS40 Without Dropping Productivity
Intermec is a world leader in the design of mobile computing devices that stand up to the rigors of everyday use, and the CS40 is no exception. Ruggedness is integral to the CS40 design. It can withstand multiple 1.2-meter drops to concrete on all corners and all sides and is IP54 rated, which means it is sealed against rain, moisture and dust.
The professional design of the Intermec CS40 provides optimal ergonomics and consumer styling. However unlike consumer-grade devices, the battery is encapsulated in a single-rugged package to prevent disengagement when the device is dropped. In addition, the CS40 backlit key pad is wear-proof and the touch panel glass has been chemically strengthened to last the life of the device.
Integrated Scanning Without Compromise
The CS40 utilizes the proven Intermec EA11 imager that provides a familiar "laser-like" aimer and delivers high speed, accurate 1D and 2D barcode reading in any orientation. Ideally suited to the expanding use of 2D barcodes, including track and trace capability in symbologies such as DataBar (replacing UPC and EAN), the CS40 is the perfect fit for inventory management, ordering, light-handling delivery, and stock management applications.
The no-compromise design also includes a high-performance 3 mega- pixel color camera with flash to easily capture photos, make notations, and transmit to the office for verification.
Superior Voice and Data Quality
With industry-leading cell phone technology at its core, the CS40 has outstanding voice quality and the latest 3.75G wireless WAN radio to deliver the fastest data and voice communications available on UMTS networks.
The CS40 provides quick and reliable data connectivity for uploading large documents, real-time images or synchronization with the enterprise data base by utilizing high speed uplink packet access (HSUPA) technology and a high performance antenna.
Features that Go Further
The multiprocessor architecture of the CS40 delivers high-performance and supports robust features to meet the demanding schedule of your mobile workforce, all at low levels of power consumption.
This architecture ensures that the CS40 standard battery is suitable for an uninterrupted full shift of trouble-free operation and maximum uptime throughout the workday, even while powering a bright 2.8 inch QVGA display that's easily viewed in full sunlight.
To simplify charging, the CS40 uses a MicroUSB connector with a universal cell phone charger to reduce the complexity of device-specific charging cables. In addition, the CS40 charging solution automatically comes with four snap on plugs to enable charging anywhere around the world.
The mobile professional can leverage the integrated GPS radio to reduce drive time and lower fuel costs by improving navigation to new customer locations. A built-in accelerometer allows the CS40 to rotate the display based on the orientation of the device, improving the user experience and efficiency.
The CS40 features a Bluetooth® v2.1 EDR radio which provides simple, secure wireless connectivity to headsets, Intermec mobile printers and other Bluetooth compatible devices. The Wi-Fi certified 802.11 radio is CCX v4 compliant and enables fast and secure voice communications or end-of-day synchronization with the enterprise network.
Ready for Business
With Intermec SmartSystemsTM preloaded on the CS40, IT Managers can quickly, easily and securely provision, configure, and deploy application software, device settings, and policies for remotely located CS40 devices all from the convenience of their desk. SmartSystemsTM software also automatically stages system and software updates, as well as configuration changes, to keep on-going system maintenance costs low, and your CS40s performing in top condition.
As an added convenience, remotely located mobile professionals can use the SmartSystems ScanNGo over WWAN capability to load the golden configuration and application files from their IT department by simply scanning a barcode when they receive their new or replacement device.
Software developers can access a comprehensive software toolkit through the Intermec Developer Library to simplify application development and shorten time to deployment. Additionally, Skynax can be employed to supply mobility support and connectivity features like secure reliable data communications, device management, and customer specific business data rules over any type of connection.
The CS40 is supported by a suite of fully integrated system components including peripherals and accessories.
- Integrated 2D imager and 3.2 MP color camera
- 1.2-meter drop tolerance and IP54 sealing
- 196 gm with battery
- 4 radios including UMTS 3.75G and GPS
- Windows Mobile 6.5
- Intermec SmartSystems™ Client
- Numeric or QWERTY backlit keypad
Specifications at a Glance:
- Physical Characteristics - Dimensions with battery: L: 13.3 x W: 6.3 x D: 2.4cm (5.25 x 2.46 x .94 in) Weight: 196 gm (6.9 oz) with battery
- Operating Temperature: -10° C to +50° C (14° F to +122° F)
- Storage Temperature: -25° C to +70° C (-13° F to +158° F)
- Charging Temperature: +5° C to +30° C (41° F to 86° F)
- Relative Humidity: Non-condensing, 95%
- Rain & Dust Resistance: IP54
- Drop Specification: 1.2m (4 ft) per
- MIL-STD 810G
- Electrostatic Discharge: +/- 15 kV air discharge, +/- 8 kV direct discharge Power
- Standard Battery Pack: 3.7 V, 1430 mAh; IEEE 1725 compliant, Li-Ion, removable, rechargeable
- Operating System - Windows Mobile 6.5
- Multi-Processor Architecture - Main Processor ARM 11 @ 528 MHz / Radio Processor ARM 9 @ 528 MHz
- Memory: 256 MB RAM (approximately 150 MB available for user applications)
- ROM: 512 MB Flash (approx 350 MB available for user applications) Customer-accessible micro-SD slot for removable memory cards up to 32 GB
- Display - 2.8 in, 240 x 320 pixel (QVGA) trans-reflective TFT-LCD display 65,536 (16 bit RGB) colors LED backlight Touch screen
- Standard Communications - USB – High Speed 2.0 OTG©
- Device Management: Intermec SmartSystems™ Client included and compatible with most popular 3rd party device management solutions
- Application Development: Support Windows APIs and Intermec Developer Library
- Wireless WAN: 3.75G UMTS / HSUPA
- UMTS Frequencies: 850, 1700, 1900, 2100 MHz
- GSM/GPRS Frequencies: 850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz
- Technology Class UMTS: 3.75G HSUPA
- Max Speeds: Uplink - 2.0 Mbps; Downlink - 7.2 Mbps
- Antenna: Internal
- Wireless LAN:
- IEEE®802.11 b/g Data rates: 1, 2, 5.5, 11, 6, 9, 12, 18, 24, 36, 48 and 54 Mbps
- Operating channels: 1 to 13 (2412-2472 MHz)
- Regulatory compliance: As per IEEE® 802.11d
- Antenna: Internal
- Security: WiFi Certified for WPA/WPA2 operation
- Authentication: PEAP/MS-CHAP v2, EAP-TLS, CCX v4
- ¦Wireless PAN: Integrated Bluetooth™ Class II, Version 2.1+EDR
- Operating channels: 0 to 78 (2402-2480 MHz)
- Data Rates: 1, 2, 3 Mbps
- Antenna: Internal
- ¦Global Positioning System - 12 channel Integrated GPS; Supports Autonomous mode with extended ephemeris data; Supports assisted operation via WAN Carrier; Network independent; accuracy within 3m
- ¦Accelerometer - Embedded accelerometer enables automatic or application-specific features such as “screen rotation” and system suspend/resume
- ¦Audio Support - Supports VoIP / Speech recognition / PTT applications; front and rear speakers; rear speaker has >70 dB at 40 cm (15.7 in); Front panel microphone for voice communication; Wireless Bluetooth headset support
- ¦Integrated Camera - 3.2 Megapixel fixed focus color camera with flash
- ¦Keypad Options - Numeric (26 key) or QWERTY (42 key) with backlight
- ¦Accessories - AC /DC charger; USB Y-cable for charging and active synchronization; Car power adapter; Truck power adaptor; Vehicle holder; RAM mounts
- ¦Integrated Scanner - EA11 2D Imager; “laser-like” aimer; Capable of scanning: 1D and 2D barcodes as small as 5 mil; PDF as small as 6.6 mil; Data Matrix as small as 7.5 mil; and standard UPCs from as far as 30.9 cm (12 in)