The rapid acceptance and use of PICC Lines creates a need to be able to properly teach this procedure. Peter PICC Line™ allows both the teaching and assessment of this insertion technique.
Features and Benefits of the Peter PICC Line™ Teaching Model:
- This portable, teaching model has translucent arm skin that allows the visualisation of the anatomically correct cephalic, basilic, median basilic veins.
- The axillary jugular, subclavian, and superior vena cava veins are also present, plus a movable chin that simulates the occlusion of the jugular to prevent the PICC Line from taking this path.
- Palpable ribs permit practice in measuring proper catheter length to the correct intercostal space.
- The model also permits the measurement of catheter length outside of the body and the confirmation of proper placement by viewing the distal tip of the catheter in the viewable superior vena cava.
- Replaceable, barely translucent arm skin allows visualisation of underlying veins.
- Great tool for training and skills assessment.
- Blue veins now made of latex-free Dermalike™.
- Includes soft carrying case.