Titratable Mandibular Repositioning Appliances
- The first of these was the TAP which allowed full lateral movement and titration while in situ.
The downside of the appliance is
- Only made by commercial labs
- Uses a combined acrylic plate with boil and bite filler for retention. Filler breaks down and not very durable.
- Very rigid and hard on teeth causing tooth soreness and ache
- Large lingual bar in the bottom plate impedes the tongue coming forward.
- An external winder has to be used till the right advancement is obtained (can be for some weeks) once the winder is cut off no post adjustment can be obtained.
- The MDSA® Component concept Appliance.
- The most versatile and clinically proven to be an effective alternative to CPAP for the treatment of Snoring and Mild to Moderate Sleep Apnea.