Broda understands that bariatric care within a facility is very challenging for both care staff and patients.
- The Bari 385 has addressed many of the issues associated with bariatric care including:
- Shower and commode functions
- Patient mobility/maneuverability
- Patient handling
- Equipment size and weight capacity
- Bariatric patient ergonomics
The Bari 385 helps to ease caregiver burden while showering, as the recline position opens the patient's mid section area to permit cleaning of hard-to-reach areas under abdomen and perineal area.
Unique 6 wheel design offers easy maneuverability and permits turning in tight corners without lateral drifting. Middle wheels allow for tracking.
The Bari 385 helps facilitate patient handling as the anterior and posterior tilt helps prevent patient falls. For ease of transfers, the armrests are removable and the footrest plate flips up.
The Broda Comfort Tension Seating "Suspension System" is the key to providing your patients with a comfortable functional chair.
Each strap conforms individually to the patient's body, thus suspending the weight of the patient across multiple points. This strapping system eliminates any risk of your patient's experiencing discomfort from bottoming out. Broda Comfort Tension Seating also reduces heat and moisture build up that often leads to skin break down.
- Weight Capacity
- 800 lbs
- Powder coated stainless steel with drainage holes
- Seat Tilt
- Up to 8 degrees anterior tilt, 14 degrees posterior tilt
- Back Recline
- Up to 65 degrees back recline
- Arm Rests
- Fixed at 8" above seat. Removable and rotational to adjust seating width
- Elevating Leg Rest
- Length adjustable (with footrest) from 14" to 20" from seat in 1.5" increments
- Flip Down Footrest
- Adjustable footplate angle, removable for those who may not require a footrest, such as taller patients
- Seat Dimensions
- Height" 21" or 23", Width: 27" standard, up to 33" by adjusting armrest width. Depth: 21" or 23" Back: 26"
- Overall Width
- 33" (39" with armrests at widest setting)
- Commode Seat
- Urethane foam with front opening (optional urethane foam solid transport seat available- easily interchangeable with commode seat)
- Bed Pan and Basket
- included with commode seat
- 4 total lock swivel casters and 2 8" locking middle wheels with one touch emergency brake
Factory Installed Options
- Bed Pan Included with chair
- Bed Pan Basket Included with chair
- Head Rest Padded or non padded
- Seat Belt
- Lateral Supports Helps prevent lateral leaning