Keeping in sync with medical research and healthcare guidelines, we have standardised on our premium mattress design for all stretchers...
We sought a mattress design that maintains a balance between efficient patient transfers, medical imaging and adequate patient support.
An effective support surface should provide the right levels of immersion and shear reduction to help minimise the risks of harmful and costly pressure injury, while still delivering the best performance to assist carers in their challenging daily task of moving and positioning patients.
Modsel has risen to the challenge and our Contour Premia mattress starts with;
- A recommended thickness that best aids in patient egress, lowest transfer heights and imaging clarity
- Three carefully considered foam grades layered into an effective combination for ultimate patient body support
- Fully welded ‘double coated’ stretch PU cover that combats wear, micro damage and moisture penetration and assists in patient re-positioning
- Latest technology, low profile, sealing fluid proof zip to maintain mattress integrity and still allow for easy foam inspection or cover re-placement
- Full non-slip base material to limit unwanted movement on the stretcher surface, eliminating the requirement for traditional, bacteria harbouring hook and loop fixings
- Permanent, stretchable care labels with relevant information to outlast the harshest of medical cleaning and usage
We understand however that not all scenarios may require the highest levels of patient comfort and durability, so can produce thinner single layered, medium density core mattresses as well, with a lighter duty cover. Our flexible manufacturing system still allows for any customised size, shape or thickness mattress that you may need.
Whatever your requirements, we’ll work together and ensure you arrive at the correct balance of comfort, care and patient handling effectiveness for your staff and facility.