The film side of the dressing is placed next to the wound.
Melolite consists of three layers:
1.Low adherent perforated film
2.Highly absorbent cotton/acrylic pad
3.Hydrophobic backing layer
- Low adherent perforated film
- Allows for rapid drainage of exudate, reducing trauma to healing tissue.
- Highly absorbent cotton/acrylic pad
- Patient Comfort
- Cushions and Protects
- Comfortable and minimises pain on removal
- Easy to cut to shape
- Retains its integrity when cut.
- Safe in use
- Inert and non-sensitising
Melolite is suitable for post-operative and casualty use, in particular for:
- Clean and sutured wounds
- Abrasions and lacerations
- Minor burns