Featuring a durable, lightweight, ergonomic design and robust wireless network capability, the SoMo 650Rx brings reliable automated patient data management directly to the point of care, enabling clinicians to automate healthcare applications while also optimizing patient safety across different healthcare environments.
Powered by a high-speed CPU, the SoMo 650Rx provides extremely fast application response for demanding healthcare applications. It can also be optionally configured to read barcode and RFID data, making it a complete mobile computing, data capture and wireless networking solution.
Its clear, bright display provides optimal viewing in a variety of lighting conditions, while its Li-ion extended battery enables multiple-shift operation on a single charge.
Long Available Life
For healthcare organizations, short product availability and lifespan can be key challenges to implementations. The SoMo 650Rx has a product life far longer than typical consumer PDAs, giving organizations ample time to qualify, deploy, and get a return on investment.
Also, when users are ready to upgrade, Socket provides realistic thoughtful migration options to assure a smooth transition.
Flexibility over Time
The SoMo 650Rx is easy to customize with a wide range of barcode, RFID, magnetic stripe, and smart card readers, as well as communications peripherals for Ethernet, modem or WWAN broadband connections. Software drivers and utilities are preloaded on the SoMo 650Rx, so you can deploy out of the box with your favorite Socket peripheral.
The device’s rich Bluetooth implementation enables you to connect to Socket hand-held and hands-free barcode scanning solutions along with printers, medical devices or other readily available 3rd party Bluetooth peripherals.
The SoMo 650Rx incorporates best-in-class Bluetooth and Wi-Fi technology, with one of the most complete libraries of Bluetooth profiles in the market, ensuring compatibility with the broadest range of 3rd party Bluetooth based peripherals, as well as the latest 802.11b/g Wi-Fi technology to provide robust coverage, fast roaming, and superior network security.
With Socket Enhanced Wi-Fi Companion software (optional to install), the device is also Cisco CCX 4.0 certified for use with Cisco WLAN infrastructure. The SoMo 650Rx Back Pack (sold separately) enables you to add a Novatel Wireless ExpressCard modem card for wireless broadband.
- Patient tracking
- Viewing lab reports
- Bedside POC (Point of Care)
- Pharma tracking
- Biological product tracking
Key Features and Benefits:
- Capture patient vitals, view lab reports and write up reports at the point of care
- Identify high-risk patients who need the most care, more quickly
- Reduce costly paper-based errors that can result in liability
- Spend more time with patients and more time providing high-quality patient care
- Windows Mobile® 6 operating system
- Durable, lightweight, ergonomic handheld design
- Fast roaming Wi-Fi® 802.11b/g switches seamlessly between access points
- Bluetooth® 2.0 + EDR Class 2 wireless connectivity
- Optionally configurable to read barcode, RFID, magnetic stripe or smart card data
- Deployment ready system, designed to run out of the box.