The first step to better hearing is a hearing check up, but what does it involve?
Step 1: A hearing check up is painless and straightforward and takes about 20 minutes. Your clinician will play you a range of tones through a pair of head phones.
Step 2: As the sounds are played, you simply indicate which sounds you can hear.
Step 3: Your responses will be recorded and your hearing then assessed.
Step 4: Your clinician will go through the results with you. You are welcome to ask any questions you may have about your hearing and the available solutions.
Step 5: If you do have a hearing loss, your clinician will discuss your lifestyle needs and will recommend solutions to meet your individual needs.
Step 6: AudioClinic's commitment to our clients doesn't come to an end after your initial assessment. We believe in providing you with ongoing support and consultation in relation to your hearing loss. Our aim is to always ensure you're completely satisfied with your hearing solution - it's all part of the service.
What else should you know?
You are welcome to bring a friend or family member with you to your appointment. Your appointment is obligation free, and designed to provide you with expert advice on your hearing health.
AudioClinic is committed to making your hearing check up as straightforward and comfortable as possible.
Who are AudioClinic clinicians?
- AudioClinic clinicians are industry trained and Government Accredited specialists in hearing care.
- They are dedicated to hearing assessment and rehabilitation and are qualified to prescribe hearing aids to improve your hearing and quality of life.
- Your clinician will identify the level of your hearing loss and tailor an individual solution to suit you.
What costs should you be aware of?
- The cost of hearing aids can vary, so it is important to discuss your needs with your AudioClinic clinician. Your clinician will be clear and upfront about the costs involved.
- AudioClinic would like to make good hearing available to as many people as possible, and that's why we offer you a range of financing options. Speak to your clinician about CareCredit financing.
Free hearing services
Eligible Australian citizens or permanent residents can apply to the Office of Hearing Services for a free hearing services voucher. Ask your AudioClinic clinician to explain the program to you. Click here to determine your eligibility and download the Office of Hearing Services application form.