It has been developed as an aid in the prevention of needle stick injury to the healthcare worker, donor/patients, cleaning staff, contaminated waste disposal staff and the public at large.
Benefits to Phlebotomist
- Safer haemodialysis and blood collection
- Facilitates a fast and safe needle withdrawl
- Reduces risk of needlestick injury
- Reduces potential exposure to blood drops
Benefits to Management
- Improves safety in the workplace
- Reduces risk of needlestick injury resulting in potential cost savings
- Compatible with current clinical procedures
- Inexpensive, easy to use and easy to implement
Platypus® has many features that are easily integrated into existing procedures. It has been designed in close consultation with senior haemodialysis and apheresis nursing personnel.