This product is available for commercial use only.
Diabact® is the fastest, non-radioactive urea breath test to detect Helicobacter pylori infection in patients.
Patient samples are collected in three easy steps:
- Collect the baseline breath sample.
- Take the Diabact® UBT tablet with a glass of water.
- Take the 10 minute breath sample.
Samples are then sent to a laboratory for analysis using either an Infra-red spectrometry instrument or a mass spectrometer.
At Medical Diagnostics Australasia we offer analysis of breath test samples in our NATA accredited laboratory at our Clayton premises.
The Diabact® UBT kits are available individually packaged or in bulk packs consisting of ten tablets per pack.
The main features of the test are:
- It is a 10 minute test.
- It is approved by the TGA for use in Australia (AUST R 146728) and is safe for use during pregnancy and lactation.
- It is a reliable test with sensitivity and specificity between 98% - 100%.
- More convenient than older tests. The patient takes just a single tablet with water. No pre-test drink such as orange juice or citric acid is required.
- It is cost effective being significantly less expensive than older tests with discounts available for larger orders.