Otoscope & Ophthalmoscope Description
Find and buy Otoscopes and Ophthalmoscopes from verified suppliers on MedicalSearch. Otoscope and Ophthalmoscope are medical devices used in eardrum examinations.
Things to consider when buying an Otoscope or Ophthalmoscope:
- Size - The two main sizes available are pocket and standard models. Opt for a pocket size model if you want something the size of a pen and can easily keep in your pocket. They’re also ultra-light and best for on-the-go use and use on children. On the other hand, choose a standard size for hospital use and on adults.
- Functions - For an enhanced user experience and convenience, choose an otoscope and ophthalmoscope with functions such as rheostat, removable lens, macro, and insufflation port.
- Power source - There exist 3 options for powering otoscopes, including disposable batteries, rechargeable batteries and direct connection to the power source. As such, choose one that best suits your specific need and that allows you to work efficiently.
- Light source - The lighting system is a crucial factor to consider when choosing an otoscope. A perfect light source will offer great visibility in the ear canal during an assessment. Some of the common light sources that you can choose from include direct light source, indirect light source and fiber optic.
- Bulb type - This is another equally important factor to consider and your options are choosing a filament bulb or an LED bulb. While both are great options, opt for an LED bulb if you want consistent lighting with unmatched brightness and less-power consumption.
Contact our vendors for a free quote or expert advice on Otoscopes and Ophthalmoscopes. Delivery available Australia wide.