Find and buy Spirometers from verified suppliers on MedicalSearch. Spirometers measure the volume of air inspired and expired by the lungs.
Factors to consider when buying a spirometer:
- Types – Choose the one best suited for the intended use.
- PC-based – must be connected to a computer to work.
- Microprocessor-based – Hand-held devices with printing options, compatible with PC upload and download.
- Measurement capability – Consider the accuracy of parameter reading.
- Ease of use – Must be easy to use by both operator and patient Compliance with international spirometry standards.
- Display features – Must have a real-time graphic display that is large enough to read and inspect to facilitate efficient clinical decision making.
- Connectivity – Check for EMR compatibility. Some models have Bluetooth connectivity.
- Printing options – Should at least be able to report FET, FEV1/FVC, FVC and EV1 and the number of efforts performed and calculate the variance for FVC and FEV1. Better if the device can print three best efforts and data along with the VT and FV curves.
- Other features to consider - incentive software or graphics for pediatric patients, easy cleaning, customisability of final report and cost of accessories and disposables such as disposable sensors and barrier filters, mouthpieces, nose clips.
Contact our vendors for a free quote or expert advice on spirometers. Delivery available Australia wide.