The flat panel technology of the 5G produces exceptionally high resolution images with 6 programmable fields of view ranging from 6x6cm to 18x16cm.
Utilizing the patented "Smart Scan" technology, patient radiation dose levels are kept to an absolute minimum with all exposure settings controlled automatically. Perfect image exposure from small infants through to large adults is guaranteed every time.
The Newtom 5G is configured as a horizontal system and is ideally suited to patients who are unable to remain stationary in a vertical position during the scan. This could include sedated patients, trauma cases, infants, geriatrics and special needs patients.
The 'pass through' gantry design also allows other extremities such as hands, ankles, feet, elbows and knees to be scanned with hard tissue image quality equivalent to traditional CT scans.
Features of the Newtom 5G
- Flat panel sensor technology.
- Safe beam exposure control.
- Seated or horizontal patient entry.
- Horizontal scan position for sedated & trauma patients and infants.
- Six programmable 'Fields of View' from 6x6cm to 18x16cm.
- Lowest Dose of any comparable CBCT on the market.
- Pass through gantry allowing other body extremities to be scanned.
Advanced Imaging Technology
The Newtom 5G captures a series of 360 images in a single 18-second scan and stores them as digital information in a database on the local server. The software then reconstructs these 2D images into a 3D volume which contains primary images in multiple axial planes. This captured data provides the highest quality images possible for use in diagnosis and treatment planning of the maxillofacial region.