The DS6878-HC cordless imager from Motorola enables hospitals to automate data capture, improve data accuracy, increase productivity and streamline everyday processes in patient rooms, admitting laboratories and the pharmacy. Its matchless feature set meets the unique requirements of healthcare facilities.
An intuitive and ergonomic design combines with dependable and rapid capture of bar codes and other images, allowing caregivers to remain focused on the patient – not the technology. The DS6878-HC is easy to install virtually anywhere inside the hospital environment – the flexible base options enable easy mounting horizontally or vertically on walls, cabinets and work stations.
Cordless freedom via Bluetooth allows users to easily move to the bar code, eliminating the hazards associated with cables as well as the need to disturb or inconvenience patients, while offering the flexibility required for rapid data capture in emergency situations.
And with the ability to charge the scanner over the USB cable, the need for a separate power supply and the management headaches associated with mounting a cordless scanner to a computer or workstation on wheels (COW or WOW) are eliminated.
- Comprehensive high-performance data capture for a world of healthcare applications
- The ability to capture any 1D or 2D bar code as well as signatures, documents, still photographs and video enables this single device to error-proof and simplify many processes throughout your facility — from medication administration to specimen collection, admitting, and inventory and dietary management. Built on Motorola’s revolutionary SE4500 scan engine, the DS878-HC re-defines imaging technology, offering easy first-time capture of any type of data through: laser-like performance on 1D and 2D bar codes; an intuitive aiming pattern; scanning in any type of lighting; the ability to capture even poor quality and damaged bar codes; and full omnidirectional scanning, eliminating the need to precisely align bar code and imager
- Disinfectant-ready design prevents the spread of germs
- The DS6878-HC is designed specifically to help protect patients and caregivers against dangerous and deadly illnesses.
- IP43 sealing and specially selected plastics that utilize proprietary molding technologies create a hygenic design that allows safe wipe-downs and sanitizing with bleach, alcohol, soap and water and more — without harming the housing or the sensitive scanning components.
- Built for all-day everyday use
The DS6878-HC offers Motorola’s best-in-class drop specification — 1.8m drops to concrete. IP43 sealing protects sensitive electronic components from exposure to dust and liquids. The result is dependable operation, despite the inevitable everyday drops, bumps and spills.
The Motorola end-to-end advantage
When you choose Motorola, you get the end-to-end support required to ensure maximum uptime in the mission critical environment of healthcare, as well as a low total cost of ownership (TCO).
The ability to remotely manage the Remote Scanner Management (RSM)-ready device from a central location substantially reduces the time and costs typically associated with the management of mobile devices.
In addition, Motorola’s Service from the Start Advance Exchange Support helps keep your DS6878- HC scanners up and running at peak performance — and in the hands of your caregivers. This exceptional service minimizes downtime with next-business-day replacement of devices that require repair.
Your scanners will also be protected from the unexpected with built-in Comprehensive Coverage, which includes normal wear and tear as well as coverage for internal and external components damaged through accidental breakage — significantly reducing unforeseen repair expenses.
Peacock Bros. are a Motorola premier partner authorised and experienced in developing and deploying custom applications for the Motorola range of mobile computers throughout Australia and New Zealand. For more information on the DS6878-HC or any Enterprise class computing solutions contact us.