It is supplied in two containers: a cup containing sterile powder and a vial containing sterile solution.
When the contents are mixed together, the resulting putty is suitable for augmentation and restoration of the craniofacial skeleton.
When fully cured, Fast Set Putty closely resembles the mineral part of bone, and is gradually resorbed and replaced with bone during the healing process.
Clinical applications include
- Cranial recontouring
- Cranial flap augmentation
- Augmentation genioplasty
- Onlay grafting
- Skull base defect repair
Features and Benefits
- Easily shaped and moulded for implantation into defects as well as for onlay applications
- Hardens in a warm, wet environment reducing the need to control moisture at the operative site
- Fast setting time (3–6 minutes) minimises length of procedure time
- Achieves a maximum compressive strength of approximately 30 MPa (4,350 psi) within 24 hours, which is 2–6 times greater than the compressive strength of cancellous bone
- Gradually remodels to bone in the body via osteoclastic resorption and new bone formation
- Isothermic hardening eliminates thermal injury to surrounding soft tissue