The DCS-2000 is a small, easy to use, two button operated microprocessor controller that alerts staff if a resident is in need of care. There is no computer, keyboard or complex programming required from staff.
Installed next to the door just outside the resident's room, the DCS-2000 integrates with various non-intrusive movement sensors such as a bed exit sensor, door reed switch and PIR movement detectors.
The sophisticated microprocessor software analyses the movements detected by these sensors to determine whether the resident's movements represent 'normal' behaviour and if not, an alarm is raised to alert staff that the resident needs care.
Using a simple single key action, staff can select one of 16 pre-defined behaviour profiles to be used by the DCS-2000 as 'normal' behaviour for a particular resident.
This avoids unnecessary alarms when the resident, for example leaves the bed, goes to the toilet and returns to bed.
The DCS-2000 incorporates pre-emptive light cuing on the selected behaviour profile and analysis of movement to automatically switch room and/or other lights on or off as required to assist and guide the resident.
- Simple non-intrusive monitoring of the resident's movements without physical restrictions on freedom of movement.
- Modern, unobtrusive design that can be installed to blend in with the decor thus not attracting residents' attention.
- User friendly two button operation requiring little or no staff training.
- Aids staff efficiency through alarm reporting by exception only raising an alarm if the resident's activity varies from the selected pre-defined behaviour profile.
- 16 Typical behaviour profiles are pre-defined ready for use thus requiring no further programming or complex alteration of profiles by staff.
- No computers, keyboards or complex profile programming required by staff.
- Selection panel at each room means staff on duty (night staff) can select the resident profile at the room to suit the resident's current night-time behaviour.
- Intelligent pre-emptive light cuing leads and assists the resident, for example, to the ensuite or back to bed.
- Uses standard cost-effective movement detectors that are simple to install and maintain for one or many rooms.
- Integrates with AUSTCO CallGuard system for alarm and room or bed location display, logging, paging, etc.
- Easy to install and to expand, modular connected system components
- Automatic system monitoring, fault detection and notification.
- Battery back-up against mains power failure.
- Lightning and static protected.