The pump is indicated for the delivery of enteral nutritional support in small volumes to neonates and paediatric patients. The pump is part of a complete range of equipment which has been carefully put together to maximise patient safety. The non-IV compatible syringes, feeding tubes and accessories provide a comprehensive feeding system.
An important feature of the pump is that only “MEDICINA” syringes will operate in the pump. All other syringes are incompatible. Many current syringe pumps can accommodate both enteral and intravenous syringes.
This poses a serious risk of hazard to the patients because Intravenous syringes can be filled with enteral feeds and accidentally connected to central lines.
These misconnections are not possible with the use of our pump because the lines and syringes which it uses cannot be connected to central lines.
This offers a unique additional safety feature for enterally fed patients.
- Secure Pump
- Power on
- Prime Syringe
- Check connections
- Install Syringe
- Set rate & delivery volume limit
- Confirm Nasogastric Tube Position
- Start Delivery
- Alarm 'Over' then Pause
The P700 enteral syringe pump has been designed to deliver small volumes of enteral feeds, accurately and safely, using oral enteral syringes
- When the battery is about to become exhausted the low battery alarm will sound.
- When this light is on the pump is connected to the mains power supply.
- This alarm sounds and the light comes on at the end of a delivery.
- This alarm sounds and lights up if the line becomes occluded.
- ERR - ERR This alarm will sound and flash the err message when the pump is not being medicina operated correctly