Traditional methods of fixing epidural catheters result in only 10-20% of the tape being in contact with the catheter.
Catehters migrate and may even fall out. In addition, fluid can gather behind the dressing, whether by perspiration, or by leaked analgesic solution.
This new method of securing epidural cateheters is with 3 pieces of adhesive tape:
Epidural Catheter Sandwich Features:
- Allows adhesive contact with up to 90% of the epidural catheter sandwich.
- Continued observation of the epidural site.
- Prevents catheter migration.
- Very adhesive.
- Uses kevlar hypo-allergenic tape.
- Window can be opened and resealed if catheter adjustment is required
- ESD 001