The VELA Tango 500 aids mobility, activity and particiaption in everyday activities as well as in the workplace for those with a disability.
The ALB Backrest is a unique backrest in which back and lumbar support is divided in two. This backrest provides optimal support to the lumbar and pelvic regions, supporting the natural lumbar curve and promoting an upright posture, which can help prevetn or ease backpain.
The lumbar support is moved easily and smoothly forwards and backwards using a handle, which provides variation and support in the lumbar region.
The upper part of the back meanwhile retains its angle in relation to the pelvis so that the user is also guaranteed support for the upper part of the back.
The new potential for movement in the lumbar region is a benefit to people with mobility problems so they have the opportunity to activate their body while sitting in the chair.
Features and Benefits
- VELA Tango chairs come in different models, all with a large number of adjustable features and a wide range of accessories. For height adjustment, you can choose either a manual version (with a gas spring) or an electric one
- The ALB backrest provides optimal support to the lumbar and pelvic region and promotes upright posture
- The ALB backrest provides the potential for maximum variation of sitting position
- Stable frame and central brake provide extra safety when the user is getting in or out of the chair
- Option to "walk" the chair forward
- The foldable armrests ease moving , e.g. to a bed or another chair