It goes without saying that hospital and aged care beds have to be safe, whether they are used for patients in hospital, for the elderly in nursing homes or for those who are cared for at home, but they also must address health and safety issues for medical staff or carers. They must be able to withstand the day to day rigours of hospital or home care, and be built to last.
Our Mac-2 floor level bed, as its name implies, has the great advantage of being able to be lowered to an ultra low height of 11cm. The Mac-2 is a very practical alternative to beds with safety side rails, which are increasingly being discouraged as a home care or hospital alternative. Using the ultra low Mac-2 means a much lower risk of injury due to falling from bed.
Another advantage of the Mac-2 floor level bed, and something that no other floor level bed can offer, is an auto-retractive backrest. As the backrest is raised from the horizontal to the vertical, the lower edge of the panel moves away from the occupant towards the head of the bed. This acts to relieve pressure on the lumbar region and lessens the risk of any associated lower back pain.
The Mac-2 also features the Trendelenburg position and lounge chair position and can be easily folded to allow for moving. It has a smooth, powder coated surface for infection control and easy cleaning and can be easily adapted for any environment.
- Super Low Height: 110mm
- Folds for transport - Fits through narrow doorways
- Auto-retractive Backrest for reduced pressure on Lumbar region
- Electronic push button controls for ease of operation.
- Includes Auto Contour
- Trendelenburg and reverse Trendelenburg 16 Degrees
- Functions enable “Lounge Chair Position” for comfort
- Backrest and Knee section actuators with safety spline
- Stainless Steel and Nylon glide surfaces for smooth operation
- 125mm Castors for reduced rolling resistance
- Quiet operation - No chains
- Smooth Powder Coated Surfaces for Infection Control &
- ease of Cleaning
- 200kg Safe Working Load
- Optional SHP & I.V. Pole Sockets
- Addresses OH&S risks
- Designed to AS/NZS 3200.2.38 1997
- Australian made & owned
- Height Range: 110mm - 710mm
- Length Between Head/Foot Panels: 2010mm
- Width: 900mm
- Overall Length: 2380mm
- Reverse Trendelenburg: 16º
- Backrest Angle: 0 - 73º
- Backrest Retraction: 80mm
- Thigh Frame Angle: 0 - 40º
- SWL: 200kg
The Mac-2 floor level bed is Australian made from high quality components and is available at an affordable price. For more information please call or use the MedicalSearch email for a direct reply.