How to determine if you are eligible for free hearing services.
Under the Office of Hearing Services' scheme you may be entitled to a free hearing assessment, rehabilitation and hearing aids if you are an Australian citizen or permanent resident 21 years or older and meet one of the following:
- A Pension Concession cardholder
- Centrelink Sickness Allowance
- Department of Veterans Affairs Pensioner Concession cardholder
- White Health Repatriation Card (for hearing loss)
- Gold Health Repatriation Card
- Dependent person of one of the above categories
- A member of the Australian Defence Force
If you are eligible, you can obtain the OHS application from your doctor or a hearing care provider such as AudioClinic.
AudioClinic is government accredited to provide FREE hearing aids and services to pensioners and veterans. Conditions apply to clients under the Commonwealth Hearing Services Voucher System.
You can download the form NOW - OHS Application Form.
Contact AudioClinic on 1800 057 220 or make an appointment at your nearest clinic to find out more about your eligibility.
For information about whether the cost of your hearing aid is covered by your health fund, click here or contact your provider directly.
The cost of hearing aids form part of your annual medical expenses for tax purposes. If you have medical expenses of more than $1,500 in one financial year, you may be eligible for a net medical expenses tax offset.