Hearing aids will help most people hear significantly better.
They do, however, tend to take a couple of weeks to get used to, as you will be able to hear many sounds that you couldn't before.
At first, some of these sounds might seem unnatural because you were not used to hearing them, but as the brain adjusts to hearing again, things will begin to sound more natural to you. The adjustment period usually only takes a few weeks, although in some cases it may take a little longer.
Part of the fitting process is to ensure your hearing aids feel comfortable, and are fine-tuned to your individual hearing requirements. Most people need a couple of appointments with their hearing care clinician, to ensure they get the optimum performance from their hearing aids.
AudioClinic hearing services
When you choose AudioClinic, you have access to a wide range of hearing health services. From an obligation-free, no cost hearing check up and hearing profile documentation to hearing solution recommendations and fittings.
The first step to better hearing is a hearing check up, but what does it involve?
- Step 1:
- A hearing check up is painless and straightforward and takes about 20 minutes. Your clinician will play you a range of tones through a pair of head phones.
- Step 2:
- As the sounds are played, you simply indicate which sounds you can hear.
- Step 3:
- Your responses will be recorded and your hearing then assessed.
- Step 4:
- Your clinician will go through the results with you. You are welcome to ask any questions you may have about your hearing and the available solutions.
- Step 5:
- If you do have a hearing loss, your clinician will discuss your lifestyle needs and will recommend solutions to meet your individual needs.
- Step 6:
- AudioClinic's commitment to our clients doesn't come to an end after your initial assessment. We believe in providing you with ongoing support and consultation in relation to your hearing loss. Our aim is to always ensure you're completely satisfied with your hearing solution - it's all part of the service.
What else should you know?
You are welcome to bring a friend or family member with you to your appointment. Your appointment is obligation free, and designed to provide you with expert advice on your hearing health.
AudioClinic is committed to making your hearing check up as straightforward and comfortable as possible.
Click here if you'd like to arrange a FREE hearing check up now.