It is an asphyxiant in high concentrations. Helium is considerably lighter than air, non-toxic, inert and will not support life.
Uses of Medical Gases - Helium:
Helium is used medically as a vehicle for assisting respiration and gaining access to obstructed airways.
To assist Oxygen flow into the alveoli of patients with severe respiratory obstruction. To prevent atelectasis. In conjunction with air or Oxygen for gas transfer lung function tests.
Essential for the operation and cooling of Magnetic Resonance Imaging, machines used to deliver clear images of soft tissue. Also used in diving compression chambers.
Equipment for Medical Gases - Helium:
Regulator and flowmeter available on request.
BOC Ltd | Medical Gases and Equipment
BOC Ltd is a member of the Linde Group and Australia’s largest provider of Medical Gases.
With two distinct customer groups, Institutions and Private Patients, BOC Ltd has a service tailored to each groups' needs.
For the Institutions, ranging from large hospitals through to the local Doctors Surgery, BOC Ltd ensures that these customers have a sufficient and reliable supply of high grade quality Medical Gases and related equipment. For home patients we ensure that our patients have the equipment and gases they need and are adequately trained and comfortable with their use.
Why use BOC Ltd?
Our experience enables us to efficiently transfer global knowledge and worldwide applications technology to suit your requirements.
The benefits include:
1. High quality Safe Products providing peace of mind to all
2. Provision of Patient Education ensuring maximum benefit from the Therapies provided
3. Access to a complete range of gases, equipment and safety products
4. Access to new technologies in medical equipment
5. Cost-effective, national geographical delivery and supply options
6. Skilled team
7. Dedicated national customer service centre.