Solmed supplies a range of medical wipes including Burnshield Hydrogel burns gel sachets.
There are a number of causes of burn injuries including: hot fluids such as food stuffs, oils and water; highly flammable materials; fires such as of motor vehicles, buildings, barbeques and bushfires; contact with hot objects or machinery; electrical current;explosions; and chemicals such as caustic acids, alkalis and hydrocarbons.
Why is burnshield recommended by most global burn centres?
The Burnshield range consists of sterile gel impregnated burn dressings and sachets and tubes of gel, for the immediate first aid treatment of burns.
Burnshield rapidly cools the burn helping to prevent further tissue damage and aid the healing process, and offers the patient rapid and ongoing pain relief.
Burnshield Gel consists of in excess of 90 per cent water trapped in a proprietary gel, containing Melaleuca Oil, a naturally occurring substance, from the leaves of the Australian Melaleuca tree.
Melaleuca Oil is a proven antiseptic, which exhibits local anaesthetic and anti-inflammatory properties.
Key features of Burnshield®:
Burnshield® is a remarkable Sterile, Hydrogel (wet) product that provides the essential physical protection urgently needed when someone is accidentally burnt.
- Suitable for Flame, Hot Water / Steam, Chemical, Radiation and Electrical Burns.
- Safe for use on children.
- Highly effective within the first 24 hour period.
- Absorbs and dissipates heat - minimises burn damage.
- Cools and soothes - pain relief and shock reduction.
- Natural anti-bacterial - reduce infection.
- Dressing provides covering - keeps burn area moist & clean.
- Hydrogel is Clear - easy to assess wound.
- Non -adherent - will not adhere to wound.
- Non -Toxic - no reaction if ingested
- Non - Irritant - no adverse reaction
- Products are sterilized by gamma irradiation.