The 1999 recommendations from the task force of the American Academy of Sleep Medicine reflect the consensus that the balanced SUM channel output from a respiratory inductive plethysmography (RIP) system is the preferred sensor for research because it has been shown effective in tracking changes in respiratory volume.
The Summit IP respiratory effort sensor system reflects the expertise in RIP technology that Compumedics Ltd has developed and used in its PSG systems for more than 15 years. Now any lab, with any brand of Sleep amplifier system, can gain the benefits of true inductive plethysmography.
The Summit IP is small, battery-powered and quickly connects to your sleep amplifier with standard touch-proof connectors. Advanced microprocessor technology continuously tracks each breath and automatically updates the calibration factors to produce the balanced SUM channel output. The respiratory effort signals from the Summit IP always maintain their polarity, providing reliable indications of respiratory paradox.
Key Benefits of SummitIP
- Preferred, true inductive plethysmography technology.
- Linear response to changes in effort.
- Balanced SUM channel output.
- Continuous, automatic channel balancing.
- Operates with any PSG amplifier system.
- 800 hours of operation from a small low-cost battery.
- Long lasting, reusable sensor bands.
- Cost effective and easy to use.