Babywatch™ is a wristband barcode system which works in conjunction with mobile handheld PDA scanners which together track, verify, monitor and log all actions and procedures involving newborns during their stay in hospital: from BIRTH to DISCHARGE or TRANSFER to another hospital.
Positive patient identification provides the foundation for patient safety through the systematic prevention of human errors. Babywatch™ enables caregivers to positively identify the infant when removed or returned to the mother and onnect anything collected from, administered to or performed on that Infant.
Not only does the system log that this action has occurred, consequently charting the information, but Babywatch™ also eliminates all possibility of human error in the baby identification process when completing such actions on the baby.
Through a unique dual checking system, Babywatch™ acts as a ‘second pair of eyes’, ensuring that the correct baby is in fact with the right mother, or the right baby is drinking the right expressed breast milk for example, thus totally eradicating errors.
In this way, Babywatch™ provides an innovative system that enables hospitals to monitor, evaluate and improve on its current procedures, systems and quality management whilst also addressing the real risk of wrongly identified babies, and providing exceptional and unique benefits for parents, staff and hospitals.
Babywatch™ tracks the treatment of infants, reducing the workload of nurses and midwives enabling focus on care and creating confidence in the patient. Babywatch™ is designed to work in a user-friendly step-bystep systematic manner and operates by scanning the infant barcode and mother barcode, ensuring the right baby is receiving the right care.
- Positive identification of caregiver
- Positive infant identification
- 2 person positive identification
- Right Mother - Right Baby - Right Care
- Babywatch™ features include:
- Single user checking
- Action and issue tracking
- Operator identification
- Time-dating of actions
- Real-time documentation
- Comprehensive records
- Management of information
- Data collection and verification
- Integration with existing procedures
- Synchronization of information between hospital departments
- Increased compliance and immediate notification of potential errors
- Eliminates illegible handwriting and signatures
- Elimination of human error
- Ongoing technical support.
Milk Management: Milk Management of newborns is critical and the opportunity for error is always present. Babywatch™ reduces the risk for error.