F-400's micrograins allow the establishment of strong margins without breakage and the amalgam achieves excellent physical properties.
F-400 restorations readily carve to attain a smooth dense surface and polish to a high lustre.
In excess of 50 million successful F-400 restorations have ensured that F-400 is clinically accepted as one of the world's leading conventional fine grain alloys.
- Uniform consistency
- Condensation mobility allowing easy packing
- Fine particle size resulting in a dense amalgam mass
- Firm but smooth carving and burnishing surface
- Strong marginal adaptation
- Adequate but not excessive working time
- Positive dimensional change assisting marginal sealing
- High polishability
- Available in a non-leak, easily activated, SDI Capsule System as Regular Set.
Optimum Alloy Mercury Ratio 1:1.1
Compressive Strength @ 30 min. 75MPa
Compressive Strength @ 60 min. 140MPa
Compressive Strength @ 24 hours 400MPa
Compressive Strength @ 7 days 480MPa
Diametral Tensile Strength @ 15 min. 4MPa
Diametral Tensile Strength @ 30 min. 9MPa
Diametral Tensile Strength @ 60 min. 17MPa
Diametral Tensile Strength @ 24 hrs. 60MPa
Static Creep @ 7 days 2.6%
Dimensional Change @ 24 hours +0.09%
Silver Content 70%
capsule size alloy weight per capsule plunger colour
1 spill 400mg white
2 spill 600mg blue
3 spill 800mg black
CAPSULES: F-400 is available in predosed capsules for safe, convenient and accurate amalgamation. F-400 capsules are available in one, two and three spill in regular set only.
POWDER: F-400 powder is available in 30g plastic bottles in regular set only.
TABLETS: F-400 tablets are available in 150g packs in regular set only.