Deutsch Medical’s radiation protection lead aprons are available in various styles, x-ray colours and sizes suitable for all medical professions and procedures.
- We provide 30 different models in more than 40 different apron and trim colours.
- You can choose from vest & skirt apron combinations, double ‘wraparound’ gowns, front aprons and patient protection.
- Our sizes are generous, offering standard sizes from XXS, XS, S, SM, M, ML, L, XL, XXL as well as custom ones (custom sizes on request).
- Our large choice of styles is based on customer demand: excellent comfort, superior protection, high durability, high quality materials, and the ease of cleaning – suited for all professions and budgets.
Deutsch Medical’s radiation protection lead aprons are designed and made in Germany in highest quality:
- Deutsch Medical is certified with CE 0123, ISO 9001 and ISO 13485
- Rigorous quality assurance standards for our radiation protection products are guaranteed.
- Our products are made to order to the customer’s standard specification.
- Every single apron starts with the use of modern designer software and a CNC machine to ensure the highest degree of accuracy and quality.
- Our high quality velcro fasteners are made of polyamid with a high tear and abrasion resistance, and balanced flex properties for a long lifespan.
- For stitching we use a sewing threat that is also used in the footwear and furniture industry
Deutsch Medical’s radiation aprons are available in three protection materials that ALL meet current (AS/ NZS 4543.3:2000) and new international (IEC 61331-3:2014) safety standards
- Vector X – the first lightest “low lead” material
- Best suited for long medical procedures due to light weight, e.g. in Catheter Labs and Theatres;
- Made of lead, antimony and bismuth using a true bilayer construction.
- It is the first light ‘low lead’ material that has been independently certified and tested to cover radiation scatter and absorbed dose between 50kV to 150kV (IEC 61331-3:2014).
- Lead free – the first lightest “lead free” material
- Light - same as Vector X - but ‘lead free’ protection material which is purely made of antimony and bismuth;
- Also best suited for mid and long medical procedures, e.g. Theatres & Cath Labs.
- It is the first light ‘lead free’ material that has been independently certified and tested to cover radiation scatter and absorbed dose between 50kV to 150kV (IEC 61331-3:2014).
- Lead – the traditional “lead” material
- Traditional weight lead protective material for individuals who occasionally conduct short medical procedures, e.g. Veterinarian and dental applications;
- Also used where lead is the only option for safest radiation protection, e.g. Nuclear medicine;
- Meets current (AS/ NZS 4543.3:2000) and new international standards (IEC 61331-3:2014) requiring aprons to be tested against a full range of radiation levels (50kV to 150 kV).
For further details regarding the standards and VECTOR X please contact us below for a direct reply.
Deutsch Medical is the only Australian supplier of the new radiation protection material VECTOR X
- The ‘lightest’ material that conforms to the new international standard IEC 61331-3:2014. Tested and certified against a full range of radiation qualities 50 to 150 kVp.
- The only radiation protection core material using true bilayer construction of lead, antimony and bismuth.
- The only low lead radiation protection material designed to provide increased protection against scatter radiation and absorbed dose, independently certified between 50 kV and 150 kV.
- Soft and subtle material while retaining tensile strength of traditional products.
For further details please contact us below for a direct reply.
Deutsch Medical is the only Australian supplier of MATRIX - a unique practical solution allowing you to clean the aprons with strong desinfectant solutions.
- MATRIX is a new developed material that withstands strong desinfectant solutions that include Iodine and Chlorine.
- For instance in Germany, the MATRIX surface material has been successfully tested with desinfectant solution Betadine.
- The MATRIX material is 100 % halogen free washable with up to 95°C.
- On request our aprons can be covered with MATRIX. We have four colour options available.
If you would like to test the MATRIX surface material with your desinfectant solutions, please contact us below and we will provide you with test samples.
Deutsch Medical offer a personalised service to our customers in hospitals, veterinarians and dental professionals throughout Australia.
- We arrange a personal fitting appointments with customers during which they have the opportunity to view and wear different styles and models of radiation protection lead aprons.
- We take measurements of individuals to ensure the best fit.
- We provide product trials for our customers.
If you are interested in a fitting appointment or a lead apron trial with your team, please feel free to contact us below for a direct reply.
Deutsch Medical’s radiation protection lead aprons are made to customer’s standard specifications:
- Preferred choice of apron protection material and protection thickness based on your professional needs
- Selection of apron style, size, colour or pattern.
- Embroidery options on apron and/ or thyroid collar or other accessories: Logo/ Department/ Names
- Selection of optional accessories, ie. Thyroid collar, lead hats, shin guards, sleeves, etc.
- Individual requirements, ie. additional lengths, pockets, are available on request