Along with its high acoustic sensitivity, the 3M™ Littmann™ Classic II SE. Stethoscope features a non-chill rim, durable, single-lumen tubing and solid stainless steel combination chest piece.
- There's no other stethoscope in its class that offers the quality and performance of the 3M™ Littmann™ Classic II SE stethoscope.
- Using the patented tuneable diaphragm offers an increase in sound intensity when listening to low-frequency sounds due to the greater surface area of the chest piece.
- A non-chill rim on both the diaphragm and the bell means comfort for your patient.
- Comes with patented 3M™ Littmann™ Snap-tight Soft-sealing Ear tips designed to assure an excellent acoustical seal in the ear canal along with maximum comfort.
- The tubing allows you to fold the scope easily without worry of kinking or breaking and comes in a variety of colours.
- Three-year warranty
The standard of the industry now features 3M's patented dual-frequency diaphragm for improved low frequency response.
The dual-frequency, "tuneable" diaphragm allows you to listen to both low and high frequency sounds by simply alternating pressure on the chest piece. Firm pressure allows you to listen to high frequency sounds. Ease off to light "skin contact" and the diaphragm instantly switches to let you hear low frequency sounds (previously heard using the traditional bell).
Because blood pressure sounds are low frequency, the Littmann Classic II S.E. stethoscope will allow you to properly auscultate blood pressure sounds using the diaphragm side with light skin contact.
In addition to improved low frequency response, (see response curve below) the new Littmann Classic II S.E. stethoscope's tuneable diaphragm provides the convenience of same-site auscultation for both low and high frequency sounds. The bell side can also be used for low frequency sounds and special procedures such as bruits, intercostal spaces and auscultation of smaller and bony patients.
The Littmann Classic II S.E. stethoscope has a non-chill rim on both the diaphragm and the bell, so there is no need to warm it up before use. Plus, the Littmann Classic II S.E. stethoscope comes with Littmann soft-sealing ear tips designed to assure and excellent acoustical seal in the ear canal along with maximum comfort.
Along with its reliable acoustics, the Littmann Classic II S.E. stethoscope features a tough, elastomer polyurethane rim and crack-resistant, reinforced, PVC tubing. The tubing allows you to fold the scope easily without worry of kinking or breaking. The internal, double-leaf, binaural spring helps assure a long life and allows easy adjustment of ear-tube tension. The ear-tubes are lightweight, yet very durable. They won't chip or wear down.
Working together, these durability features promise you years of exceptional performance.
Each Littmann Classic II S.E. stethoscope comes with a three-year warranty and lifetime service and repair policy.