MAIA enables you to test macular function and to follow sequential changes of retinal disease and/or treatment over time. Featuring a confocal line Scanning Laser Ophthalmoscope (SLO), real-time eye-tracker and 4-2 threshold fundus perimetry (microperimetry), MAIA™ provides quick and accurate assessment of macular function, including; macular sensitivity, fixation stability and the point of fixation.
The system’s unique SLO technology captures clear and detailed confocal images of the retina on a scale so precise that structures commonly missed by fundus cameras, such as macular drusen and holes, are visualised. MAIA™ is also equipped with threshold sensitivity analysis software, enabling it to accurately and precisely measure and monitor functional changes compared to an age-related database of ‘normal’ reference values. This permits the differentiation of normal age-related loss of macular sensitivity from pathological changes that require treatment.
MAIA™ offers three different testing modes designed to facilitate the monitoring of disease progression or treatment effect over time:
- Mode 1: Fast Test
- Mode 2: Expert Test
- Mode 3: Follow-Up Test
MAIA™ offers a number of benefits, including:
- Fast: Suprathreshold testing in three minutes or less
- Ease of Use: Easily quantify patient’s preferred retinal locus of fixation (PRL)
- Full threshold and follow-up testing to accurately show changes and fixation stability due to the disease or retinal treatment
- Sequential monitoring of the disease for greater peace-of mind
- MAIA has shown over 90% sensitivity and specificity in the detection of early and intermediate Age-Related Macular Degeneration