The URO Mentor provides a unique opportunity to work with a variety of scopes, tools and visual images on a true to life system that provides a look and feel that are so close to reality that at times it may be hard to distinguish the difference.
Coordination games and basic tasks for review of anatomies provide the necessary introduction to the use of endourology scopes and tools.
From these introductory exercises trainees move on to a variety of virtual patient cases, each with its own unique anatomy and pathologies.
On the URO Mentor™ the safe practice of endourology procedures includes:
- Simulation of cystoscopy and ureteroscopy procedures.
- Use of both flexible and rigid scopes.
- Performance of real-time fluoroscopy with simulation of C-arm control.
- Identification of patient anatomy and correct tool insertion through changing of C-arm positioning.
- Viewing of fluoroscopy image with injection of contrast agent