Microfil V devices are supplied fully assembled, sterilized and ready-to-use. Simply snap a Microfil V filtration device off the convenient carrying tray and you're ready to test.
Place the device on a standard number 8 stopper or a vacuum-syringe with Luer connection.
Funnels are attached to the filter support using our unique, patented "push-fit" seal, ensuring a perfect seal between the membrane, funnel and support without clamps or O-rings.
The Microfil V's filter support has a curved edge, so you can easily remove the membrane after filtration while vacuum is still applied (which removes excess water that could cause growth around the rim of the filter during incubation).
Microfil V device ensures uniform recovery of microorganisms in three ways:
- The device's perfect "push fit" seal prevents sample by-pass
- The funnel's smooth, hydrophobic surface repels aqueous sample residues to ensure that bacteria in the sample are collected on the membrane, not on the walls of the funnel
- The convex shape of the support eliminates pleating and distortion of the membrane due to expansion, so contact between the membrane and the surface of the medium is uniform
Conforms to International Standards
The Microfil V device is designed to conform with the international standards for drinking water testing. The membrane has been certified in accordance with Standard Methods:
- Council Directive on the Quality of Water Intended for Human Consumption (98/83/EEC)
- Standard Methods for the Examination of Water and Wastewater, 20th Edition, 1998
- World Health Organization, Guidelines for Drinking Water Quality, 3rd Edition