The three in one Microkeratome aThe AMADEUS platform supports a wide range of applications:
- Traditional LASIK
- Surface ablation (epi-LASIK)
- Therapeutic Lamellar Keratoplasty
- Superficial Anterior Lamellar Keratoplasty (SALK)
- Deep anterior Lamellar Keratoplasty (DALK)
- Endokeratoplasty and Lap-Joint Keratoplasty
- Descement Stripping and Endothelial Keratoplasty (DSEK/DSAEK)
- Intelligent design for performance and quality
Titanium Strength: lightweight and sturdy
All components vital to structural integrity, cutting precision and vacuum tightness are machined from one single block of medical grade titanium. Smoothness of surfaces and resistance to mechanic damage or bacterial contamination are far superior to what can be achieved with other materials.
Handling and assembly: safe and easy
Quick and easy two-snap assembly of blade and blade holder eliminates assembly errors and system malfunction. Before each procedure, a comprehensive, 20-step self-test is performed by system firmware. To minimise suction time, patient inconvenience, and trauma to the eye, all assembly and test steps are completed before engaging the patient’s eye. The perfectly balanced, lightweight handpiece, designed for single-handed operation, is easy to control and stabilise on the eye during movement and virtually eliminates vibration at any blade oscillation speed up to 20000 rpm.
User interface and procedure control: intuitive and flexible
The large colour touch-screen and a well-structured, highly intuitive graphic user interface make it easy to set up standard procedures while allowing for a wide range of customisation options. By selecting the appropriate suction unit from a wide selection of available geometries, and by adjusting suction level, translation speed, and oscillation rate, the surgeon may customise the procedure to any individual situation. Any chosen combination of cutting parameters is checked by the program logic for consistency and safety.
Blade quality; no compromise
Exclusive SurePass LASIK blades and surface separators are made from surgical grade materials and are sterilised to the same standards as implantable surgical devices. Each individual blade is manually inspected before packaging.
Versatile choice of flap dimensions
To cover the wide range of LASIK parameters required to customise the procedure to your patient’s specific situation, AMADEUS gives you 11 different types of suction units for flap diameters from 8.5 to 10mm, and for three outer diameters suitable for any anatomy. And with a choice from four types of blade holders, flap thicknesses from 110 microns to 160 microns may be created. Hinge dimensions are controlled by software and are operator-selectable
Blade and flap are visible at all times during the procedure for continuous visual control. All important procedure parameters are programmable, allowing the surgeon to customise the Microkeratome to their specific needs and preferences.
Surface Ablation and epi-LASIK
Epithelial flaps or free cap
For surface ablation procedures, AMADEUS employs the same motor unit and suction units proven in hundreds of thousands of LASIK procedures. The surface separator used for separating the epithelium layer from Bowman’s membrane is made from a surgical grade synthetic material.
Standard parameters optimised for epi-LASIK are provided by system software. Optionally they may be customised according to surgeon preference.
With the aid of the optional Lamellar Keratoplasty module, deep lamellar resections from recipient eyes and donor buttons from a donor cornea may be prepared. The module includes an artificial chamber module for donor corneas, and an eye holder for preparing donor flaps.
The system is perfectly suitable for performing decement stripping automated endothelial keratoplasty (DSAEK) as well as anterior lamellar keratoplasty.
Graft creation and handling made easy with the artificial chamber
The desired thickness of the corneal lamella and the corresponding graft may be chosen by selecting the appropriate blade holder (available for 200, 250, 350 and 400 microns).
The diameter of the flap and of the graft is chosen by using the appropriate suction unit available for 8.5, 9.0, 9.5 and 10mm
Amadeus II, the universal microkeratome platform features:
- Flexibility: one unit for all applications: LASIK, surface ablation, Lamellar Keratoplasty
- Versatility: 11 different suction units and 8 blade holders – the right combination for every anatomy and every surgical situation
- Innovation: personalised LASIK with customised speed, oscillation and suction parameters. Customised suction reduction on reverse pass.
- Reliability: independence from environmental factors with build-in backup battery and automatic adjustment to current barometric pressure.
- Simplicity: handpiece assembly involves only 4 parts that snap together in an unequivocal way. Special assembly guides safeguard against improper assembly.
- Comfort: single handed, lightweight handpiece avoids operator fatigue. Short eye contact and suction time maximises patient comfort.
- Safety: extensive self-test before each procedure; continuous monitoring and adjustment of suction during the pass
- Control: fully computer controlled procedure; continuous monitoring of motors and suction. Flap and blade are visible at all during the procedure. Voice feedback and voice prompts give the surgeon maximum control with minimum distraction. Full printed of procedure data.
- Quality: all titanium housing and components
- Superior results: consistent flaps, smooth and uniform stromal bed