In addition to the basic ventilator modes CPAP, IPPV/IMV, S-IPPV and SIMV, the device also features two PSV ventilation modes.
Furthermore, the Volume Limit function can be used to restrict tidal volume delivered. In assisted ventilation modes there is a volume-controlled tidal volume guarantee available.
The precision hot-wire flow sensor at the patient end allows automatic re-adjustment of trigger sensitivity relative to the patient’s tidal volume (VT Trigger adaption).
The extremely powerful, integrated high-frequency module, Leoni HFO is of the diaphragm type and is suitable for patients up to 10kg. The frequency range is between 5Hz and 20Hz. HFO can be performed with all standard tube systems. Amplitude control is regulated and compensates for any leaks or compliance changes.
Control of the device, which is extremely easy and intuitive, can be either from a 12” colour display or using a control knob. To ensure optimum ergonomic adaptation to space available in the ward, the display can be removed and attached directly to the thermotherapy device.
All essential settings, readings, alarm limits and graphic information, such as waves and loops are available at a glance. The display can be configured by the user according to personal requirements. For example, the number of waves and loops and the reading shown are freely selectable.
In order to expand the range of possible uses, Leoni Plus features an integrated battery. This allows off-mains operation for up to 60 minutes in conventional ventilation modes and for up to 30 minutes in HFOV.
- Long-term ventilation of premature infants, infants and children up to 30kg
- HFO according to the membrane principle; recruitment manoeuver by time-controlled boosting of the average pressure; adjustable I/E ratio
- 12” colour display with all essential settings and values visible at a glance
- Detachable touch screen control unit
- Simultaneous nCPAP and nIPPV modes for non-invasive breathing support with premature and full-term infants
- SIMV mode with supplementary support pressure (P support, flow cycled)
- Volume controlled ventilation and PSV ventilation
- VT trigger adaptation (10 sensitivity levels)
- Patient-proximate leakage compensated flow or volume trigger; calibration with only 2 seconds of ventilation interruption
- Oxygen / compressed air mixer (21-100%)
- Integrated oxygen monitor