It is innovative in design and has enormous impact on overall costs. It will enhance new aged care building developments taking place at the moment and will bring already established facilities up to date.
Benefits of the New Age Bedding System:
- We have had very positive feedback from management, carers, laundry staff and the residents.
- Can half the bed making time and reduce the amount of laundry, which will guarantee reductions in water, electricity and chemical usage. There is no need to launder the waterproof doona; it can be wiped down the same way as a waterproof mattress.
- Positive impact on workcover premiums, due to reduced staff manual lifting. Reduced injuries add to care staff wellness and productivity.
- Significant feedback from care staff who no longer need to lift heavy laundry bags of traditional linen to laundries from the resident beds.
- Significant reduction in laundry time. Laundry savings ranging between 25% - 40%, particularly where facilities use an external laundry service as such services can charge per item or per weight both having significant expense line impacts.
- Utility savings ranging between 10% - 25%. Facility owners have commented on water and electricity savings within a short period of time from inducting the New Age Bedding System.
- Pressure care due to the doona's ability to achieve warmth without weight.
- Carers and supervisors have commented on an improved wellness in residents.
- Significant freeing of care staff time to provide other important services to residents, particularly as traditional linen is tucked and folded.