Virtual Simulation (VSim) of radiotherapy treatment planning replaces the real simulator with a virtual one, and uses the 3D CT data information of a patient, including the external patient's skin marks instead of a real patient body. The advances in computer graphics have stimulated the development of virtual simulator systems that allows clinician to make choices including the number of treatment beams used and their energy, orientation, shape.
VolumeSIM™ is the Siemens oncology solution for CT volumetric acquisition and virtual simulation. It combines the SOMATOM® CT scanner with the syngo® -based virtual simulation software to provide a first class CT- based virtual simulation solution – providing everything needed for CT simulation.
Key Features / Clinical Benefits
Conventional simulation has been used for over 20 years to mark patients prior to radiation treatment. This technology is a large financial investment for a healthcare provider, and additionally requires a significant amount of time from both the clinical team and patient. VolumeSIM, with its advanced CT-based simulation and marking solutions, provides substantial improvements in not only patient comfort, but also in accuracy, efficiency, value and connectivity.
Our virtual simulation solution provides you with:
- Unsurpassed technology of the Siemens SOMATOM® family of CT Scanners. The SOMATOM delivers superior image quality for planning.
- The Siemens syngo® universal software platform for medical imaging that empowers health care professionals with tools to streamline their clinical workflow by enabling seamless information exchange.
- The intuitive and common interface and straightforward connectivity of syngo provides ease of use and efficiency to the daily clinical routine, along with a truly integrated solution for Virtual Simulation.
- Assured investment protection with syngo-based systems since new, advanced applications can be readily integrated.
- Clinically proven solutions, based upon partnerships with commercial treatment planning partners.
As the enabler for optimized workflow, syngo RT Dosimetrist brings to one workspace all required clinical needs, including fast processing of high-resolution images, innovative filming tools, and DICOM-RT compliance.