The Ellex Super Q® has been the world’s best selling ophthalmic YAG laser since its introduction in 1996. It features a custom-designed laser cavity that provides an exceptional lifespan, teamed with an ergonomic, slimline design optimised for patient and physician comfort.
1. Optimised for Anterior Segment Viewing:
The quality and design of the Super Q’s slit lamp optics are optimized for anterior segment viewing. Featuring Galilean converging optics with a 16° stereoscopic angle, the Super Q® provides a more natural stereoscopic
2. Designed to Maximize Your Workflow
Ellex has integrated the laser and slit lamp for greater efficiency and reliability, as well as for improved ease of use. The Super Q’s compact, efficient design provides you with additional working space and convenient, simultaneous access to the patient and laser controls. The central display is just a glance away from the eyepieces, whilst side grips ensure parameters can be changed without changing the slit lamp focus.
3. Better Performance Over the Long-Term
The Super Q’s solid-state Q-switch, which is made from the industry’s finest components, is life-tested to deliver over 400,000 shots without any significant reduction in energy performance or beam quality.
4. Pinpoint Precision
With a tolerance range of ± 8 μm, the Super Q’s fine, two-point focusing system in YAG mode makes it easy for you to ensure that the system is always in focus, and that energy is delivered where you intend in relation to your target.
5. Accurately Position Optical Breakdown
A continuously variable posterior offset control adjustment (from 100 to 350 microns) provides optimum flexibility.
6. IOL-Friendly Photodisruption
The Super Q’s state-of-the-art YAG laser technology provides you with more consistent optical breakdown, which is ideal for meeting new challenges in posterior capsulotomy procedures. You and your patients will benefit from a lower risk of lens pitting, more efficient tissue cutting with fewer shots, delivery of less cumulative energy, and faster procedures.
7. Faster Treatment
With a fast firing rate of up to 2 shots per second (2 Hz) the Super Q® allows you to perform treatments quickly and efficiently.
8. Designed for Physician and Patient Comfort
The Super Q® features a slimline console and a small, space-saving table-top for improved physician and patient comfort.
- Laser Source Q-switched Nd: YAG
- Wavelength 1064 nm
- Energy 0.3 to 10 mJ, single pulse
- continuously variable
- Pulse Width 4 ns
- Burst Mode 1, 2 and 3 pulses per burst, selectable
- Spot Size 8 μm
- Posterior Offset 100 to 350 μm, continuously variable
- Cone Angle 16 degrees
- Repetition Rate up to 2 hertz
- Aiming Beam red 670 nm, adjustable intensity
- Magnification 10x, 16x, 28x
- Cooling air cooled
- Electrical Requirements 100-240 VAC, 50/60 Hz, 400 VA
- Weight 34kg, 75 lbs. (laser only)
- Dimensions (HxWxD) 61 x 92 x 53 cm, 24 x 36 x 21 inches
- (laser only)
- Standard Accessories Total Solution™ table, safety glasses,
- laser safety sign, dust cover
- Optional Accessories Five-position magnification changer,
- beam splitter, co-observation tube,
- 35 mm camera adapter, video camera
- adapter, tonometer mount, capsulotomy
- and iridotomy laser lenses
Indications for use:
Glaucoma Laser Iridotomy