The Playful Approach to Audiometry
Recent epidemiological studies confirm a significant increase of hearing impairment in school age children. Late identification may compound problems in communication, language acquisition and affect other areas of development.
Contrary to newborn hearing screening, preschool hearing screening tests should provide more frequency specific and quantitative information on the hearing loss.
Senti - a portable, hand held screening audiometer including speech audiometry (optional) and an interactive, psycho acoustical audiometric test (MAGIC) for preschoolers and school children.
Senti - Creates a fast and reliable audiogram for all children from three years on. The child's attentiveness is significantly enhanced by using appropriate animal images as visual amplifiers thus boosting the child's collaboration during the entire testing period. ?
Senti - short test time. After the last animal symbol has been selected, Senti immediately determines the thresholds and generates the audiogram. Test time per ear on average is less than two minutes.
Senti - the child directly interacts with the audio meter. After a short introduction phase the child is conducting the test itself, being surveyed by the tester. By following the menu on the graphical interface the child’s attentiveness is enhanced.
The unique touch screen concept to free you from any barrier between you and your youngest patients.
- Psycho acoustical test based upon a Multiple Choice Auditory Graphical InteractiveCheck (MAGIC)
- Handheld, touch screen, battery operated ?
- Easy to use Check (MAGIC)
- Multiple test methods ? Interactive operated
- Multiple language support Screening Audiometer
- Frequency range: ?250 Hz to 8 kHz
- Especially designed for children from three years on
- Tone intensity: ?10 ¯ 100 dB HL, 5 dB steps
- Pure Tone Screening
- Standard head/earphone
Optional: Bone Conductor