No wasted time with the cumbersome wristband assembly many laser solutions require. No jammed laser printers. No toner. No ribbon. It’s that simple.
Introducing the HC100 Patient I.D. Solution:
The Zebra HC100 Series Patient ID Wristband Printer is an easy and cost-effective way to improve patient safety This all-in-one print solution combines the reliable Zebra HC100 Series Patient ID Wristband Printer direct thermal printer with easy-to-load cartridges containing the only antimicrobialcoated wristbands on the market—Zebra’s Z-Band wristbands.
There’s minimal training required! Pop the wristband cartridge into the printer and the Zebra HC100 Series Patient ID Wristband Printer automatically detects the wristband size, immediately calibrates, and prints.
You get long-lasting wristbands with bar codes that remain scannable for longer than the average patient stay. When the cartridges are empty, return them for recycling.
For optimal printing quality and proper printer performance, the Zebra HC100 Series Patient ID Wristband Printer is designed to work only with cartridges of genuine Zebra™ Z-Band wristbands. Zebra partners with the leading Admissions Discharge Transfer (ADT) software providers to enable hospitals’ easy integration of our wristband print solutions.
For added peace of mind and a cost-effective way to plan for your annual maintenance expenditures, protect your investment with a ZebraCare™ service agreement.
Patient safety starts at the wrist
Zebra’s HC100 Patient I.D. Solution accommodates our entire line of white and color Z-Band wristbands in both Z-Band Direct with an adhesive tab and Z-Band QuickClip™ with clip closure in infant, pediatric and adult sizes.
Bar codes on Z-Band wristbands are proven to withstand water, soaps, foams, alcohol and other common solvents found in a healthcare environment and remain scannable for longer than the average patient stay.
For added patient protection, Z-Band wristbands are the only bands on the market to feature our patent-pending antimicrobial coating. Independent lab tests have shown this coating protects the wristband against S. aureus, E. coli, P. aeruginosa, and MRSA Type II, III, and IV the leading causes of hospital infections.
Z-Band additionally meets the patient I.D. guidelines of the American Hospital Association, the Joint Commission and the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
Choose the HC100 Patient I.D. Solution for a lower total cost of ownership than laser The HC100 Patient I.D. Solution uses thermal print technology, which in the long run saves time and money over laser printing.
- Avoid the wasted wristbands and labels that come with laser printing. With the HC100, you print wristbands as needed. And the HC100 automatically calibrates to the wristband size.
- Laser printing requires expensive toner, and printing bar codes uses more toner than printing plain text. With the direct thermal HC100, there’s no toner and no ribbons.
- Wristbanding with the thermal HC100 Patient I.D. Solution is considerably less labor intensive than with most laser wristband solutions. Zebra’s solution requires two simple steps—print
- the wristband and place it on the patient. Many laser solutions require six or seven steps to print and assemble the bands.
- With laser, the adhesive backing on the wristband and label forms can ooze and cause performance problems for the printer. This leads to increased help desk calls and higher maintenance costs.
Specifications at a Glance:
- Quick & easy media cartridge loading
- Automatic media loading—no user contact with the media during loading or removal
- 300 dpi print resolution (12 dots/mm)
- Prints at 2 inches/second
- Direct thermal printing of bar codes, text, and graphics
- Dual-wall frame, impact resistant plastic
- ZPL® or ZPL II® programming language
- 32 bit RISC processor
- 16 MB Std SDRAM memory (4 MB available to user)
- 8 MB Std Flash memory (2 MB available to user)
- Zebra E3™ Printhead Energy Control
- Dual communications interface: Serial & USB
- Odometer for print length tracking
- Illuminated Media Low/Media Out indicator
- Tool-less printhead and platen replacement
- Unicode? compliant for multi-language printing
- XML-Enabled printing—allows XML communications from information systems
- Instant media calibration—no wasted media
- 16 resident expandable bitmap fonts
- One resident scalable font
- Standard tear-off mode feature