Pacific Health - The PelviToner
The PelviToner is a simple, safe, easy-to-use instrument, specifically designed for women. Its simple design allows you to use it on your own initiative, but you may wish to seek the help and guidance of a health professional.
What the PelviToner does - it aims to strengthen the pelvic floor muscles so as to improve bladder, bowel and sexual function. It does this using the process called ‘electrostimulation’. The PelviToner strengthens both types of muscles present in the Pelvic Floor. One muscle type has the job of holding the bladder closed for long periods of time. The other type is the muscle that you consciously contract when you “have to hold on”. For background reading on the incontinence problem and electrostimulation please refer to the document ‘Web Based Information’ on the CDROM or the Pacific Health Care website.
The PelviToner programme is discreet, simple and time efficient .
Toning can be discreetly performed at any time with minimum fuss and inconvenience, reading a book or watching TV or anywhere that is comfortable for you. Upon its first use it is recommended that the PelviToner be used for 20 minutes per day for four weeks then 5 days per month thereafter.
When not to use your PelviToner
There are a number of circumstances when the PelviToner should not be used. If you are unsure of any of the following conditions please consult your Doctor or clinical advisor. Do not use the PelviToner if-
- you are pregnant
- you have cardiac arrhythmia or have a demand pacemaker
- you have a pelvic implanted device
- you have had pelvic surgery in the last three months
- you are having pelvic irradiation
- you have any discomfort that you are uncomfortable with
- you have any of the following medical problems -
- During a period or if you have rectal or vaginal bleeding
- Active vaginal lesions or infections
- Urinary tract infection
- Atrophic vaginitis
- Genitourinary fistula
- Compromised sensory perception