Designed specifically to deliver optimal results, the Chocolate® PTA Balloon Catheter represents a significant breakthrough in PTA design. Atraumatic dilation is successfully provided when treating blocked arteries through Chocolate's unique nitinol constraining structure.
The unique design of the nitinol "constraining structure" (CS) mounted on a semi compliant balloon provides the following key features and benefits:
- Strain and trauma induced on the vessel walls during inflation through the use of "pillows" is reduced
- Uniformly distributes circumferential forces (calcific or eccentric lesions)
- Modifies plaque via:
- "Pillows": Vessel dilatation without cutting or scoring
- "Grooves": Stress relief, plaque modification
- Reduces dissections and may disrupt superficial calcium
- Fast deflation, concentric, low secondary profile – facilitates lesion re-crossing after multiple inflation
- Does not elongate – minimises stretching of the vessel during inflation
Summary of key features and benefits:
- Controlled uniform inflation
- Minimises shear stress
- Minimises "dog-boning"
- Pillows/valleys designed for
- Less vessel displacement
- Less vessel trauma
- Increased contact surface
- Braided shaft for improved push transmission
For more information please call Medtel or use the MedicalSearch email enquiry for a direct reply.