The Urology/ Anaesthesia Radiation Protection Lead Apron from Deutsch Medical is a front apron that is specifically created for urology surgeons or anaesthetists who mostly examine and treat the patient in a seated position.
The lower part of the Urology/ Anaesthesia Radiation Lead Apron is split in three lower front panels to protect the reproductive organs of the seated surgeon from radiation. A standard apron without split front panels will not (!) provide sufficient protection while the surgeon is seated.
- The Urology/ Anaesthesia lead apron attaches to the body with two adjustable Velcro straps at the front waist area that crosses over at the lower back.
- This style assists to transfer weight from shoulders to the waist area, reducing stress on the neck and back.
- The left and the right lower panel can be secured to the leg with velcro straps.
- Comfortable shoulder pads and a standard thyroid collar are inclusive. An integrated thyroid shield is optional.
Colours and Sizes
- We provide more than 40 different apron and trim colours.
- Our sizes are generous, offering standard sizes from XXS, XS, S, SM, M, ML, L, XL, XXL as well as custom ones (custom sizes on request).
New Fabric 'MATRIX'
- The Urology/ Anaesthesia lead apron is available with the MATRIX surface material - a unique practical solution allowing you to clean the aprons with strong desinfectant solutions that include Iodine and Chlorine.
- The MATRIX material is 100 % halogen free washable with up to 95°C.
If you would like to test the MATRIX surface material with your desinfectant solutions, please contact us below and we will provide you with test samples.
Lead Apron Protection Materials
- The Urology/ Anaesthesia Lead Apron is available in three protection materials that ALL meet current (AS/ NZS 4543.3:2000) and new international (IEC 61331-3:2014) safety standards
- VECTOR X - light lead
- Lead Free - light lead free
- Lead - traditional weight
For further details regarding the standards and VECTOR X please contact us below for a direct reply.
Available protection thicknesses
- 0.50mm Pb
- 0.35mm Pb
- Custom thickness available on request.
Available Embroidery Options
- Your name/ department or logo can be stitched in two locations of the lead apron - on the shoulder or on a pocket of the front apron.
- We also offer embroidery on the thyroid collar.
Deutsch Medical offer a personalised service to our customers in hospitals, veterinarians and dental professionals throughout Australia.
- We arrange a personal fitting appointments to view and wear the Urology/ Anaesthesia lead apron.
- We take measurements of individuals to ensure the best fit.
- We provide product trials for our customers.
If you are interested in a fitting appointment or a lead apron trial with your team, please feel free to contact us below for a direct reply.
Deutsch Medical’s radiation protection lead aprons are made to customer’s standard specifications:
- Preferred choice of apron protection material and protection thickness based on your professional needs
- Selection of apron style, size, colour or pattern.
- Embroidery options on apron and/ or thyroid collar or other accessories: Logo/ Department/ Names
- Selection of optional accessories, ie. Thyroid collar, lead hats, shin guards, sleeves, etc.
- Individual requirements, ie. additional lengths, pockets, are available on request