The SAM Pelvic Sling II is the only force controlled circumferential pelvic belt scientifically proven in peer reviewed studies to safely and effectively reduce and stabilise open-book pelvic ring fractures.
It will not over or under tighten providing the, clinically proven, appropriate force to be applied to the patient. The SAM Pelvic Sling II is compact, easy to use and quick to apply. Its durable, radiolucent, MRI safe and can be cleaned for re-use with common detergents or anti-microbial solutions.
The standard size fits 98% of the adult population. Available in military OD green.
- Scientifically and clinically proven to provide safe and effective force to stabilize pelvic fractures
- Buckle maintains correct force and cannot be over-tightened
- Standard size fits 98% of population
- Click provides clear feedback to confirm correct application
- Pulling gradually and symmetrically increases sling tension and reduces the pelvis
- Low friction posterior slider facilitates transfers
- Front of Sling is narrow and tapered to facilitate urinary catheterization, interventional radiology, external fixation and abdominal surgery
- Fabric does not stretch and cleans for reuse with standard detergents or antimicrobial solutions
- Radiolucent (allowing for X-rays without removal)
- Ease of application: just insert belt through buckle, pull strap, and secure
- Velcro on strap and sling for quick and easy fastening
- Reusable, not a one time use device
- Every sling is tested for quality
Based on in vitro testing, the SAM Pelvic Sling II will not present a hazard or risk to a patient undergoing an MRI procedure using an MR system operating at 3-Tesla or less. The SAM Pelvic Sling II contains ferromagnetic springs in the buckle. Therefore, it is important to ensure that the SAM Pelvic Sling II is firmly applied to the patient prior to entry into the MRI environment (as stated in the labeling for this device). Accordingly, there will be no hazard or risk to a patient undergoing an MRI procedure. The SAM Pelvic Sling II should not be removed from the patient while in the MRI system room.
The Sam Sling is reusable, and can be cleaned with common detergents or anti-microbial solutions.
This product is not recommended for use on children.
WHY DOES CONTROLLING CIRCUMFERENTIAL FORCE MATTER IN THE TREATMENT OF PELVIC FRACTURES
At the time of initial evaluation, the exact type of fracture is usually unknown. In some cases, too little force will not close or stabilize the fracture; in others, too much force can collapse the pelvic ring. The SAM Pelvic Sling II stands alone as the only pelvic binder pre-programmed to apply the safe and correct force for all pelvic fractures.