Terumo Sharps Containers Design Benefits:
Terumo know that new product development is an ongoing process. We aim to adopt new technologies or deisgn innovations that put your safety first.
- All containers have been tested and comply with Australian Standard AS4031
- Manufactured from high quality, puncture resistant polypropylene and polyethylene which can be incinerated
- Correct size aperture openings increase safety and ease of disposal
- Non see-through containers are convenient for public areas, hospital wards or in the home where family or children may be present.
Terumo offers three types of containers:
- Standard Containers. The Standard “One Piece” Sharps Container, has needle notch clip and screw top lids ranging from small 500mL to 19 litre capacity. The container has a maximum fill volume line positioned at the recommended fill capacity. The colour of the standard container is yellow and purple for cytotoxic for toxic material.
Next generation Containers. Next Generation sharps containers have been designed with a universal bracket for secure mounting on walls, cupboards and mobile trolleys for point of use. This system allows the containers to be interchanged on the same bracket depending on the needs of the area. The advantage of 11L or 17L sized containers is peace of mind that the container will take longer to fill providing convenience for staff, especially during busier periods.
There are two different styles of interchangeable lids to meet the needs of various clinical areas: screw lid and safety counter-levered roll top lid. These containers are nestable before lid assembly to reduce storage space requirements prior to use. To assemble the container with the lid, simply place the lid on top of the bin and press down firmly until all locking clips engage.
- Large Volume Containers.To meet the requirements of high volume clinical areas such as operating theatres, ICU and thoracic wards, Terumo offer large size containers for the disposal of large and cumbersome sharps waste. The dual lid system is designed to operate with a foot pedal mobile trolley. The foot pedal enables hands-free opening of the lid for easy disposal of sharps waste.