The SL50 comes with an Application Programming Interface (API) that allows it to be seamlessly integrated into most imaging software packages.
All of the functions for the SL50 are under the control of the host program, automating the process of loading and unloading slides onto a compatible automated microscope stage.
The SL50 can enhance many software applications such as digital imaging, archiving, and telepathology.
By automating slide loading/unloading, many functions can be carried out overnight, unattended and at remote locations.
- Up to 50 slides can be loaded into 5 trays each containing 10 slides
- Continuous loading/unloading capability to accommodate varying workloads
- The system is designed to run 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Achieved equivalent to 10 years continuous performance with no mechanical failure during development testing
- Contains minimal moving parts, reducing potential for mechanical errors
- Manufactured with industry proven and validated components
- Compatible with Olympus, Zeiss and Nikon microscopes
- Compatible with Märzhauser and Prior stages
- Accurately places and removes each slide from the microscope stage
- Integrated bar code reader is compatible with all major international bar code symbologies
- Slides can be selected for imaging by their bar code label
- Random access for bar coded slides
- User definable scan area to account for variable tissue section sizes
- Slides can be repositioned onto the automated stage with an accuracy of +3 µm
- In excess of 100 slides can be loaded/unloaded per hour