While we work to help keep Australia safe, we wanted to share some facts about COVID-19 COVID-19 – Coronavirus is what is known as an enveloped virus.
Enveloped viruses can easily be broken down and treated on surfaces with household disinfectants.
The hierarchy of Pathogens from most resistant to most susceptible to disinfectants looks like this:
- Most Resistant - Spores – C. difficile
- Mycobacteria – M. Tuberculosis
- Non-Enveloped Viruses – Norovirus, Polio
- Fungi – Candida
- Bacteria – MRSA, VRE, Acinetobacter
- Most Susceptible - Enveloped Viruses – HIV, HSV, Coronavirus such as SARS and COVID-19.
To Stay safe:
At Home: Stay home, wash your hands, avoid touching your face and clean and disinfect as you normally would paying attention to where hands have been.
In Healthcare: It is important to choose products that effectively treat all pathogens listed from Spores down to Enveloped Viruses to ensure the safety of your staff, patients and visitors.
S-7XTRA Cleaner Disinfectant Products achieve this level of efficacy.